Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I get pin straight hair?

I have really wavy, thick hair. It has a TON of volume. It's sholder length. It used to be extremely curly until around age 5 and then it became wavy. I got it chemically straightened last year, but it didn't work. I want my hair to be straighter than pin straight, silky smooth, frizz free, and flat (NO volume! I hate volume 'cause it just poofs). How can I get this look? I usually straighten my hair with my Sedu straightener. I'm not looking for a new straightner, but for products that I can use. I usually air dry my hair. If I blow dry it is usually still wavy. Today I noticed some parts of the back of my hair have spiral curls (it's curling again! AHHH). What products can I use? PLEASE HELP!How can I get pin straight hair?
WHAT TO DO AND USE


Start with a leave in conditioner I use Pantene Smoothing Comb in Treatment





Blow dry it in sections using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Answer Straightening Spray( my hair is still poofy and wavy after I blowdry and use this but I swear at the end this makes the difference.





Before you use your flat iron try one of these:


John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum Extra Strength Formula(target/walmart)


Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum(salon)


Chi Silk Infusion(salon)


Fx Special Effects Flat Iron Spray (target/walmart)


L'Oreal Heat Seeker Straightening Cream(target/walmart)





My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Chi Silk Infusion.How can I get pin straight hair?
there is a treatment done at hair salons. call around and ask about the japenese straightner
GET UR HAIR CUT/TRIMMED


the products for straight hair


is john frieda. thats the only thing


thats ever worked for me when i


wanted straight hair.


or try sunsilk
I find that hair products (besides anti-frizz) do no good. The best thing is a really HOT and good straightner!
my hair is just like that. i hate to break it to you, but with thick and very curly hair, you will never be able to get it pin straight. chemical straightening and flat irons can pull the curls straight, but not pin straight. the people you see with pin straight hair are people with naturally straight hair or people with almost straight hair that a flat iron straightens easily. sorry.
In my opinion, curly hair is really pretty, and you should leave it!


But since you really want it straightened, buy shampoo designed for straight hair, and when you get out of the shower, brush it until its dry. The less you brush it, the curlier it'll be. Once its dry, put half of your hair up and straighten it in layers. Put it all down when you're done with the layers and smooth out any remaining kinks. Then use some kind of cream to flatten it out more. Good luck!
go to the salon and ask for a permanent straight... dont get cheap ones, they may or may NOT work... but if you can afford the expensive ones (about 150$ or maybe more), it should work!





by the way, permenant straight is just right for TONS of hairs
I would go and get your hair thinned at a hair salon. That should help with the poof. Then straitening will probably be easier, also you may want to lightly spray your hair (with hair spry) so it will stay strait. While you're at the hair salon ask your hairstylist for some advise.
i think the less product the better... also depends on where you live...if there is a lot of humidity than ur hair will never be as straight as you want it... you are just gonna have to face the facts that its a STRAIGHTENER that you neeed... i would go with the CHI ... its awesome... it gets so hot that you can burn ur hand on ur hair... but cant get beauty without a lil pain =D





oh ya and i'm mexican, my friend is puerto rican, and my other friend has philipino hair... so it works on all of our fro's
well my hair is like african-american hair and im asian. i just used the jap. hair straightner and i love it! but use lots of conditioner.
Get a hair cut that will thin it. Try using Garneir products, they work really well. Also, try using a Chi hair straightener. They heat up very quickly, and are one of the best straghteners. good luck.
you should strain it every day and use hair spray for it to stay longer.
I have the Sedu hair straightener, it works PERFECTLY, i defnitely recommend it!!! You can get it on www.folica.com. It's SUCH a fantastic hair straightener, it doesn't give split ends (i got mine at christmas last year, i still don't have split ends!) my hair isn't frizzy anymore, get it, you won't regret it!!! i promise!!
i have just the advice for you! i too! have the same kinda hair with natural volume, and when i want to flatten it down, i use matrix biolage hydra-seal leave-in crem'e after washing and conditioning hair. after adding that, comb ur hair (wide tooth comb), AND put a skatter duche-bag hat!!! my red headed step-brother gave me the tip! and he's a doche-bag! but yea, just put it on after heating it up with a blow dryer, or in the clothes drier. leave it on until hair is dry. straighten the length, (best part about the hydra-seal is that its also a heat protector!), and hair spray it with a soft holdin blend at the roots. this works better in fall, winter, and spring cause of less humitity, but the drier the air, the better it is. hope this helps!
Something really good is Aveda's hang straight. Also using a serum for your hair will help the frizz and fly aways. Light elements from Aveda is really good. Mixing them together will really help. Aveda also came out with a shampoo and conditioner called smooth elements. Those are 4 things you can try, they work great for me

No comments:

Post a Comment