Saturday, August 21, 2010

Help adjusting to my curly hair?

Okay, so basically... my hair is Medium-Long, black and I have long curls and over the summer I got long side bangs (BAD IDEA WITH CURLY HAIR! I'M FOREVER STRAIGHTENING THEM!)


But I'm constantly wearing my hair in a pony-tail because i'm afraid to let my curls show!!!


All my friends have DEAD straight hair... like, its scary and I'm so jelous of it! They have it so easy... shower, comb leave it down, go to school! If i leave mines down, it turns into frizzy-city.





Anyways, I don't know, I want to try something new with my hair.


My straightner recently broke, so i'm pretty much screwed with straight hair (i'm thinking of buying a chi @ christmas).


But I want to try to work with my curly hair, and learn to leave it out and show off my curls! Ibought Aussie mouse and hairspray the other day... but I don't know how to apply it properly... should I buy ';Rednek'; or ';Bedhead'; which ones do you suggest?


+ How do I shower with my curly hair?





Could you help me pleaseeee? :(.


Every single hairstyle I've had since school started has been the same ponytail! I'm getting sick of it.


Thanks!Help adjusting to my curly hair?
I've been there and it's no fun that's for sure. You're going to have to experiment till you find something that works with your hair. For now you could try braiding or putting it up in a messy bun also.





As far as products go, I don't like the ones you bought. But with mousse you should just put it in your hair after you get out of the shower and scrunch. You're going to either have to shower in the morning before school or wear your hair in a turban overnight. Showering in the morning wakes me up personally. Anyways some good drug store products are suave naturals conditioner, LA Looks Sport gel, and l'oreal out of bed instant texturizer (underneath) which comes in a black tub.





Here are some basic tips for curly hair that you might find helpful:


*Try to find a stylist who knows how to work with curly hair. You can find ratings here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons


*Don't shampoo every day.


*Comb conditioner through hair in the shower.


*Never use a brush, only a comb or better yet fingers, when wet.


*Apply styling products to dripping wet hair


*Use styling products suited for your hair type. Don鈥檛 know yours? http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types


*Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber or tshirts instead.


*Air dry or use a diffuser with your blowdryer.


*Don't touch your hair while it鈥檚 drying.





For specific products for your hair type you might want to explore the forums at:


http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/


There you can find others with the same hair type and try out some of their favorite products. So that鈥檚 really useful.





Lastly, it has made my hair so much better since I started the curly girl method! I used to almost never wear it down (it was a frizz/poof ball), but now I have pretty, shiny curls. ~:) It鈥檚 pretty radical鈥攏o sulfates (shampoo) or silicones鈥攂ut it鈥檚 so great for curly hair. Give it a shot and check it out:


http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-鈥?/a>


Help adjusting to my curly hair?
dont worry hun i have long curly hair too.


what i do is i shower every night and use sunslike waves of envy too calm my curls and turn them into waves i use the whole line. after i shampoo and condition i use sunsilk waves of envy spray and gel and lightly twist some strands of hair and air dry


in the morning i put some hair spray in and if some pieces are too frizzy i will curl them but if you dont want to do that then just put some defrizzing stuff
just let you hair down!


who cares if your friends have straight hair, you'll be original! and curls are totally in. just buy an anti-fizz.


p.s go with bedhead.





~Dancing



curly hair is nice! !I


I have waby hair and all my friends straight and guys like my hair most! haha=)



use a bug curling iron and it will straignten it also use lots of mouse http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Art鈥?/a>
I HAV THE SAME PROBLEM!!! my hair is curly/frizzy and medium long. ive tried many ways to put it down


try putting heat protector in @ nite. it also makes it SOO soft and shiny (in a good way). u can get this @ walgreens or cvs or walmart i think


put it back in hair ties @ nite wen its wet and sleep on it... that mite also help


good luck
Well i basically wear my hair curly every day but it takes alot of work and alot of products to try to profect your hair the way you like it.





I have like a mixture of waves and curls and its like afrooy


I wash my hair in the shower then i get out and i put in Curls rock curl amplifier which is made by tigi which makes bedhead. You could also get noodle head curl cream from sallys or any curl cream.


The you have to test how much you need i put 1 pump just depending on how thick your hair is and coat it all over your hair.


And whatever you do dont brush your hair. becuase that seperates your curl pattern. Then you could put some frizz serum or shine spray then you sleep on it and wake up in the morning and you can use a light hairspray to set it.


I do lots of thing with my hair curly i wear it halfup halfdown like loosley and i wear it in a bump you can also just straighten your bangs and let it just blend it aldo in a side pony tail and plastic like head bands and pushes your bangs back you can really do anything i would look in magazine and just try to recreate looks your way or your own take on it. Once you get the hang of it you could do anything with it!





Well ggood luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment