Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I activate my natural curly hair to be curly like it used to be?

I used a chemical straightner in my hair almost a year ago. I did it twice with about a month of time rest between the sessions.


Ever since then, my hair was never completely straight (like the box said it would be) and it was never curly like it used to be.


I miss my curly curly hair and have been tryin different things to make it activate again. I cut it to my shoulders (it used to be to the middle of my back), used deep conditioners, used ';scrunch'; gel, curl activator cremes, sprays, oils... nothing seems to help my spiral come back...


I'm wondering if the curl is damaged at the root? does anybody whos done perms know what to use to help the curl come back?? I desperately want my curls back.


Thank you.


PS: I have a mixed hair type. Thick, semi course, but soft.


it is now a little below my shoulders. I have colored and highlighted it in the past month too.


HELP PLEASE!How can I activate my natural curly hair to be curly like it used to be?
i usually dry my hair straight but when i want some 'fun' curls i spray aussie scrunch spray into my hair. i then tip my head over and dry it while 'scrunching' my hair until dry. when i tip my head up i have mega curls! apply a gel or cream and scrunch further until you achieve the curls the want. good luck! i hope it works as well with you as it does with me!





ps - my hair is also just past my shoulders.How can I activate my natural curly hair to be curly like it used to be?
Your hair is only damaged where the chemical was applied. When you put a perm or straighten your hair you are breaking the bonds and reshaping them. Your hair is what it is now. It will not change shape without another chemical process. HOWEVER, do not do anything more yourself. Please, consult a professional. Good luck.
coloring and highlighting your hair is another form of straightening. it's all chemicals meant to change the form of your hair. there is no way of knowing if your natural spiral will ever return unless you completely lay off the chemicals. don't use anything that has any unnatural ingredient. stop with the curling iron, dryer,etc. if possible.


and try washing your hair less. like every few days. and you don't need harsh shampoo everytime. use a mild cleanser and a light conditioner.


focus on your scalp not your hair because your hair has already been changed and cannot be undone. hopefully your new growth will produce the curl in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment