Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tips for taking care of chemically treated hair?

I'm planning to get my hair chemically straightened with Ogilvye hair straightner. My sister in law is gonna do it for me. My hair is now dry and frizzy and when I straighten it with a flat iron, it stays frizzy. Also its very fragile and breakable. I don’t flat iron or blow dry that much. Im just wondering what should I expect from the chemical straightener? Will it make the frizz go away. Will it be straight when I come out of the shower. By the way, my hair is not that curly. Loose but unmanageable curls. Please tell me what products to use to keep it looking healthy. How bad will the straightner damage my hair? Will it make my hair fall out? Will it stop my hair from growing? How long after I chemically straighten my hair can I get highlights?Tips for taking care of chemically treated hair?
I am a hairstylist, so I might be able to help as long as you can get a hold of the products I recommend. First, if your hair is damaged now its not a good idea to use relaxer (straightener) just yet. I would work on getting it healthy first by going to a salon and getting a chemistry treatment done. Then I would get some kind of shampoo and conditioner that mends your hair, my recommendation is Redken Extreme shampoo and Redken Clear Moister conditioner. I would use that until it was gone, then I think you would be ok to get the relaxer done. To answer your other questions the relaxer will damage your hair pretty bad if you don't do it right, it could make your hair fall off in some spots if you leave it on for too long. DO NOT leave it on longer than the instructions tell you!!!! If your scalp starts to burn before its time to take it off, you should immediately wash it off!! And for highlights I would wait about 3 to 4 weeks after the relaxer. I hope I helped. :)
  • poison ivy
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment